Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Happiness

Some thoughts that were on my mind lately,
People always have pre set conditions to determine how they are going to feel with regard to favourable or unfavourable events. Like, "If I win the game I will be happy, or "if I lose my job I will be sad". We end up miserable when we set too many conditions upon ourselves when we set out to pursue happiness. Only to end up disappointed when happiness remains ever elusive. If your state of mind was sad to begin with, a good circumstance will temporarily lighten up your day, while a bad circumstance will further push you to the brink of eternal despair.
I am no exception here - as far as dealing with difficult circumstances are concerned. After some setback, my first impulse is to crawl into some hole and stay there for eternity, shunning everyone and everything that comes in my way.
But I think that I have learned. :)
Happiness like all pure emotions is nothing but a state of mind, inert and unbounded with any conditions. So free up yourself of these conditions and think beyond.

No comments: